This month marks the 5thAnniversary of Nick Harris and Roger Kelly’s joint ownership of Tamborine, and what a glorious 5 years it has been…!
Here are a few highlights of THE LAST 5 YEARS:
• 2010: After playing an instrumental role in growing the company’s impressive roster of clients and industry awards since joining in 2001, Nick Harris becomes Managing Director in joint ownership with his colleague and friend, Roger Kelly, Business director.
• 2012: We celebrate 2 years of ownership with the Tamborine Summer Party to thank and celebrate the continuing growth of the companies collaborations with existing and new clients including: Darrall Macqueen(Pet Squad and Baby Jake), Spider Eye(Jungle Junction), Impossible Kids and CITV(Fleabag Monkey Face), Blue Zoo(Olive the Ostrich), Kindle Entertainment(Big & Small, the Life and Adventures of Nick Nickleby-ADR), CBeebies (Award winning Justin’s House, What’s The Big Idea and Kerwizz) Jam Media(Tilly and Friends) Millimages (Trust me I’m a Genie & Ziggy and Diego) etc. Plus we have also had the pleasure of working across other platforms including TV, Web, Film and Radio, working with; ITV, Monkey Kingdom, Big Shot Productions, Leo Burnett, Cross Fire, BEC, Hammer Films, Hibert Ralph, CHI & Partners, Langland etc.
• 2013: After more exciting projects including… (Deep breath!) Dennis and Gnasher(Red Kite), Q Pootle 5( Blue Zoo and Snapper Productions) Ella Bella Bingo(Kool Produktions and August Media Holdings), Dinopaws (Kindle Entertainment & Laughing Gravy) plus Reality, Sport and drama documentary mixes (ITV, Channel 4, BBC, BBC 3), Music re-versioning(‘Made in Chelsea’ –Monkey Kingdom) plus many more 5.1 film trailer mixes and advertisements, Tamborine expand up to the wonderful world that is ‘Media City’ with a stunning new 3 man booth and post production suite. This bold move also wins us the tender for the fabulous “Tree Fu Tom” (Cbeebies and Blue Zoo).
• 2014: The ever-present redevelopment of Soho means we put our London relocation plans into action rather sooner than anticipated ahead of the demolition of the majority of the street!
This meant leaving Livonia Street having been there for 17 years!
HOWEVER, it was time for a change and the new fantastic 6-voice recording studio and Post Production suite with a 3m –long project screen is built in our new home on 17A Newman Street. Additionally, given the announcement of the Animation Tax Break back in 2013, demand for our services increases and many exciting pilots came our way including working on a beautifully produced 3 episode UK dub for the acclaimed Studio Ghibli.
• 2015: The busiest January ever! We are settling into our new home nicely and we have a new Logo! After being presented with three options we go for the ‘Mystery house!’ as we love the contemporary feel!
We have also continued working with new and existing clients such as Kool Produktions (Series 2 Ella Bella Bingo), Blue Zoo(Series 3 Tree Fu Tom, Miffy’s Adventures Big and Small), Collingwood and Co. (Ruff Ruff Tweet and Dave) Imira & Atlantyca Entertainment (Bat Pat) and Dot to Dot Productions (Footy Pups!) in Animation and Live Action. Plus advertisements, Apps and 5.1 mixes for clients such as Adjust Your Set, Adstream, Hopster, Adhoc Films, GV Films, Passion Pictures, Peccadillo Pictures, Fifty Fifty Post etc. We also have four exciting new projects we are bursting to announce but we can’t tell you about them. Yet!
As you will see we have had the pleasure of working with some wonderful clients and have expanded our repertoire more and more over the years, covering all of the media platforms. You only have to pop over to our testimonials page to see the great working relationships we are proud to have made: Testimonials
We’ve also met some famous faces too including amongst others, the talented: Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Miranda, Jim Broadbent, Imelda Staunton, Jane Horrocks, Lenny Henry, Alsitair McGowan, Ronnie Ancona, Miranda Richardson, Daniel Rigby, Toby Jones, Alexi Sayle, Bill Nighy, David Mitchell and Charles Dance, to name a few.
Alongside keeping up to date with the fantastic technology available to us, we have also come to offer the complete “one stop-shop” for Audio Post, being able to offer services from Casting and Contracting (What’s the Big Idea, Baby Jake, Dennis and Gnasher, Ella Bella Bingo, Ruff Ruff Tweet and Dave, Bat Pat, Miffys Adventures Big and Small, plus various commercials) through to Final Mix.
Here are some comments from the Directors themselves:
“The last five years have been quite a journey and I am thankful to have worked with such prestigious clients on their brilliant projects as well as having had the pleasure to work with such a talented and friendly bunch of colleagues. There are some very exciting projects in the pipeline in one of our busiest years to date, which is testament to the growth we have witnessed since taking ownership of the company.” Nick Harris
“Over the past 5 years, Tamborine has become the go-to company for Audio Production in animation. We have some of the best voice recording and audio post facilities in both London and Manchester – as well as the extraordinary skills of Nick and the rest of the team!!” Roger Kelly
Finally, we would like to say a HUGE “Thank You!” to everyone who has collaborated with us so far. We look forward to continuing those relationships and also starting new ones in the near future too.